There are many ways to serve at North Prospect Baptist Church. If you are interested in finding a place to connect, please fill out the contact form in the sidebar and we will get you more information!
Where would you like to serve?
Below is a list of potential service areas in our church. Most of these are areas of growth for NPBC. Let's expand the Kingdom of God together!
First Impressions Ministry
Show hospitality and play a vital role in creating a warm, welcoming environment.
- Greeter / Usher - Greet people as they enter any part of our facility and assist those who need help by directing them to the appropriate area.
- Welcome Center - Serve as a welcoming resource for members and guests with questions or needs at the Welcome Center.
- Coffee Station - Located in The Basement. Make coffee, track inventory, greet guests and members, and keep the coffee area clean.
- Baptism Attendant - Help people feel comfortable prior to, during, and after their baptism; encourage and support them as they begin a new journey.
- Medical Team - Join our team of doctors, nurses and EMTs who respond to medical emergencies during services and special events.
- Security Team - Provide security during Sunday worship times, Wednesday activities, and special events. (Background check required.)
Show God's love to the children of NPBC. To serve minors, you must be a member of North Prospect Baptist Church, have faithfully attended for a least six months, and have a completed background check on file.
- Sunday School Leader - Teach and mentor an age-graded (Preschool through 6th Grade) Sunday School class on Sunday mornings from 10-11 AM.
- Nursery Servant - Serve by caring for birth – 2 yrs during Sunday morning or evening, Wednesday nights, or at other times through the week.
- Preschool Assistant - Teach and mentor an age-graded (age 3-5) class on Sunday mornings during the Sunday School or worship hours (9:45-10:45am, 11am-12pm, 6pm).
- VBS Volunteer - Help teach Bible stories, serve snacks, direct crafts, or help with recreation or music at our annual Vacation Bible School.
Help lead others to worship our Creator.
- Traditional Choir - From grand performances like the Christimas Eve Candlelight service, to leading in worship every Sunday at 11am.
- Worship Band - This group consists of skilled musicians from many ages and abilities who humbly serve and lead others in worship on Sunday evening. Auditions required.
- Children's Worship - Come invest in the lives of our children, as we teach them the Gospel through music.
- Media Team - Work with audio, video, graphics, lighting and more. Serving in media requires some level of understanding of media and technology.
- Production Team - Serve on the front lines of making the worship service happen. From being a runner, timing coordinator, stagehand, lighting operator, etc.
Serve other adults and help grow them in their relationship with God.
- Sunday School Teacher - Facilitate and teach a Sunday morning bible study class. (Giftedness to teach, 1 year church membership required).
- Women's Ministry Leader - Various opportunities are available to facilitate, teach and mentor women through small group studies.
- Men's Ministry Leader - Step up to the plate to invest in facilitating, teaching and mentoring men in small group studies, and help host events.
Senior Adult Ministry
Serve senior adults and help them grow in their relationships with God and one another.
- Day Trip Excursions - Join a group traveling the region to Michigan landmarks and places for fellowship and fun.
- Over Night Excursions - Travel the state of Michigan and beyond with a group of fellow believers; experience beautiful places and adventures.
- Group Book Studies - Get involved with others growing deeper in your walk with God in specific weekday meetings.
Young Adult Ministry
Serve in a ministry that reaches out to 18-35 year olds.
- Servant Crews - From outreach to stage design, our Sunday night service at 5:00-6:15pm needs your help!
- College Ministry Leader - Mentor and/or open up you home for our college students for various activities.
- Adopt a College Student - Provide a care package and encouragement to a college student who is away from home.
This ministry helps build the faith of middle school and high school students. Background check is required.
- Student Ministry Teacher - Facilitate, teach, and mentor a small group of students on Wednesday nights or Sunday mornings.
- Student Ministry Adult Leader - Hangout, connect, mentor and impact the youth of your church on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings.
Have a heart for missions? This may be the place for you.
- Bus Ministry - Bring children and people who need a helping hand getting to church. Ministerial approval and background check required.
- Local Mission Opportunities - Volunteer with local missions ministries.
- National & International Mission Opportunities - Share the love of Christ across our nation and around the world.
Member Care Ministry
Help provide care for various needs of our church members.
- Starting Point Membership Classes - Guide a person interested in membership or that has recently joined through a 4-week class.
- Food Ministry - If food is your passion, we need volunteers to cook and serve for Church-wide meals, Bereavement meals for family and friends.
- Hospital Ministry - Encourage people and families in a time of need. Visit and pray for church members enduring surgeries and hospital stays.
- Nursing Home & Home Bound Ministry - Be a much needed smiling face to a member who can no longer physically attend services.
- Helping Hands Ministry - Help members with household upkeep (cut grass, rake leaves, clear snow, paint, etc.) as needed.